My take on local news and events. All Comments are the responsibility commenter . All comments moderated. The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ~~~ Albert Einstein

Friday, June 12, 2009

No Child Left Behind... Unrealistic???

I was quite surprised to find out that the T.R.I.S. school
did not pass the No Child Left Behind Test.. they are on
' that list.'


I am shocked. Seriously. I am not going to go into
details about how or why they did not pass. But I will
tell you it is not the entire school.. For this case I will
say the No Child Left Behind expectations have to be
changed. WHICH as many of you know is quite a
thing for me to say..

Because I do believe the government does need
to keep a eye on our public schools. They can not
be left to their own devices.. It has been shown
what happens when we do that. Graduating kids
that can not read or write..

Not just Evansville, but across the United States.
But this test has to be 'tweaked' .

Some of the expectations of this test are just
not realistic.

They have until 2013 to become compliant or
they will be sanctioned. This district can not
afford to lose any money at all.

I my self will be calling our local state reps
and our Senators to see what we need to do
to get some changes made. I am in no way
saying scrap the entire thing, just make
appropriate changes.

No comments: