My take on local news and events. All Comments are the responsibility commenter . All comments moderated. The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ~~~ Albert Einstein

Monday, March 2, 2009

FireProof

The movies I like the most are horror.
Most drama's.
Some comedy's but not many. I can not
stand Jim Carey. But I recently watched
a movie , Fire Proof with Kirk Cameron.

Remember Growing Pains..

It is along the religious line but everyone
can use a little religion now and then.

But its about a couple who are going
through a very rough patch in their
marriage and with the encouragement
of his dad , and after pretty much
giving up on saving his marriage he
turns to God and strives for a different
goal each day for forty days.

It was quite refreshing.

In this day and age when people think
marriage is disposable it was a excellent
movie.

We have been married for over twenty years
which when we got married no one thought
we would make it to five years.. they can all...

I look at our oldest and think ' I was not a lot older
than him when I got married.' There is no way
I would want to see him or my daughter get married
at that age.

But we did. We have stuck with it..
I can't imagine doing it any other way.

But we have four sets of couples who got married
after we did who have divorced.

In both situations one or both could not keep
their pants on when they were around people
other than their spouse.

I just don't get it.

If people spent as much time working on their
marriage as they did screwing around on their
spouse they might be surprised.

I am not saying there are not times when people
should walk.

Domestic abuse
Drug/ Alcohol issues..
Chronic cheating..

But if you have the time and don't mind a very
religious tone this is a excellent movie.

No comments: