My take on local news and events. All Comments are the responsibility commenter . All comments moderated. The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ~~~ Albert Einstein

Friday, March 20, 2009

Cutest Bow Tie I Have Ever Seen....

Bow TieMy name is Bow Tie. That is because I have a little white mark on my chest that looks just like a formal bow tie. I have sort of a sad story. I don’t like to dwell on it, but I need to tell you about myself. I came to the shelter on December 12. This is kind of a scary place and they say I’m a little bit shy. I like to check out my people first, but then I really, really like to get petted in a quiet sort of way. Now for the sad part.

The shelter decided to start testing all their cats for a couple of diseases, Feline Leukemia and Feline FIV. Well, wouldn’t you know it, I have FIV. Don’t know how I caught it. I don’t feel sick. Well anyway, my friends here have done some studying on it and I asked them to tell me what they found out about this disease. They said that is catchy from cat to cat so I should only live in a house without other cats or with cats who have FIV as well. It isn’t catchy like a cold can be and is transmitted by biting when fighting so if you pet me and then go home and pet your own cats, they won’t catch it. People or dogs won’t catch it from me. The disease affects immune functions so I might be more susceptible to diseases. More than 50% of positive cats will remain asymptomatic (that means not sick) from four and a half to six years after the estimated time of infection. I guess that means that I’m not sure about how long I will live; just like all of us never really know what the future holds for us. Right now, I know that I am interested in finding a home for myself to have to call my own. If you want to find out more about me, you can call the shelter and ask some questions. You might try looking at the internet and look for articles about adopting an FIV cat and getting some information. I have been tested for Feline leukemia as well, but I only have FIV. Perhaps someone out there will find it in their heart to give me another chance. I will love you, love you forever.

Please contact the Rock County Humane Society For More Information.

Address: 222 S. Arch Street

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 186 Janesville, WI 53547


Phone:
(608) 752-5622

Fax: (608) 752-420



No comments: